History of EVM
The Elkhorn Valley Historical Society was founded in 1958. The members of the society believe in the value of preserving the past, the memory, and the legacy of the lives of the people of the Elkhorn Valley for future generations. Thanks to the generosity of area citizens, businesses, organizations, and grants, the Society was able to complete the construction of a beautiful museum building in 1997. The museum is home to over 25,000 artifacts. The grounds include Verges Park & Cave, the Dederman Cabin, and the District 24 schoolhouse. There are several rotating exhibit spaces and permanent exhibits include “Johnny Carson, The King Comes Home”, The Nebraska Music Hall of Fame, and the Square Turn Tractor.