Support Your Elkhorn Valley Museum
Become a Member
We’d love to see you more often! Your EVM membership gets you free admission to the museum for a full year as well as many other great benefits. While you’re enjoying your membership benefits, you’re also supporting all of the wonderful things we do from taking care of the artifacts to summer camps. Thanks!
Please contact the museum for additional information on Annual Memberships, Sponsorships, or Business Memberships.
Do you own or work for a local business? Why not consider investing in your community by supporting the EVM with a business membership. These memberships offer great benefits for yourself or your employees, provide you with advertising opportunities, and much-needed financial support to your local museum.
Photography in Verges Park
Owned by the Elkhorn Valley Museum, Verges Park is a beautiful place full of nature and rich in history. We welcome you to use our park for your professional photography. The cost per photography session in the park is $25.00. This fee helps the museum maintain the park grounds for our community. Please contact us ahead of time so that we may schedule your time in the park around our tours, weddings, educational programs, and other museum activities that occur in the park.
- Schedule each session in advance so that it does not conflict with museum programming or other scheduled activities in the park.
- Please park in the designated parking spaces in the parking lot; do not park in the Museum Fire Lane/loading area. For larger vehicles (limousine or trolley), please park in the Auxiliary Parking lot to the south and across from the main parking lot.
Photography Business Memberships
With your $250 Photography Business Membership, you receive 30 photography sessions in Verges Park per year and our quarterly newsletter. Sessions will still need to be pre-scheduled with the Museum. For more information on photography sessions, please contact Ryan at Ryan@elkhornvalleymuseum.org.
The Museum offers numerous sponsorship opportunities such as:
- Cabin Fever Speaker Series Programs & presentations
- Exhibits showcasing our history and culture
- Major community events like Pioneer Day
- Children’s Programing
- Free and discounted Admission days
- Student Internships
If you have a unique sponsorship idea or interest in becoming a sponsor, please contact the Museum. We are eager to facilitate opportunities for you to give to our community and preserve our history.
Thank you to our Community Partners!
- Christensen Brozek Faltys
- US 92/94 Rock
- Norfolk Iron and Metal
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Do you enjoy learning new things? The Elkhorn Valley Museum is always looking for more volunteers! Some Volunteer tasks currently available include:
- Staffing the front desk and welcoming visitors to the museum
- Completing research requests in the Research Library
- Scanning historic images
- Cataloguing museum artifacts
- Tour guides
- School tour guides
- Helping out at special events including Old-time Independence Day and Pioneer Day
- Researching and writing newsletter articles
- Researching and writing exhibits
- Installing Exhibits
- Keeping the Children’s Discovery Zone neat
- Gardening in Verges Park
- Picking up litter in Verges Park
Summer 2017 Paid Collections Project Internship.
The Elkhorn Valley Museum (EVM) seeks a summer museum education intern for 9-12 weeks (up to 360 hours) during May-August 2017. This education internship is a cross-disciplinary internship designed to add more nature, science, and history elements into museum exhibits, programs, and visitor experience. The intern will participate in daily museum activities including opening and closing the museum. About 30% of the internship will be working in the Verges Park garden, staffing the bird library, staffing the historic buildings in Verges Park, or staffing the front desk. The remaining 70% will be spent on specific program or exhibit projects. Click Here for complete description.
Unpaid Internships are also available. Please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Spotlight on Volunteer Projects
Front Desk on Thursdays
Longtime volunteer Betty loves to welcome visitors to the museum on Thursdays. She’ll tell you a little about the museum and answer any questions you have.
Taylor does something different every week and is especially proud of her work on the temporary museum exhibits!
Work in the Research Library
Longtime volunteer Patty helps to keep our library and archives orderly adds new documents to the many business and family files!